Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest
The TYTO Regional Art Gallery strives to add to the diversity of the arts and cultural development in the Hinchinbrook Shire. It will continue to exhibit quality works for the education and enjoyment of all those that live in and visit the Hinchinbrook community. The TYTO Regional Art Gallery has a continuous program of exhibitions and both the John Coburn Main Gallery space as well as the Niche Gallery space is available for exhibition of works by groups or individual artists.
Any individual or group of artists interested in exhibiting at the Gallery in 2017 or 2018 are encouraged to complete the attached expression of interest form.
When are exhibitions selected?
- Gallery bookings are ideally made at least 12 to 18 months in advance. At this stage we are welcoming all expressions of interest.
- We encourage you to speak with the Gallery Coordinator before submitting your expression of interest. We want you to know in advance what we are looking for to assist in submitting a successful application.
Who reviews the Expressions of Interest?
- The EOI form is assessed by the Gallery Coordinator and the TYTO Precinct Manager.
Exhibition applications will be assessed by the following criteria, presented here in order of significance from highest to lowest. Key Criteria:
- The exhibition explores a cohesive theme.
- The artworks demonstrate proficiency in the chosen medium with suitable aesthetic appeal.
- The exhibition will extend visitors’ knowledge and appreciation of visual arts practices and techniques.
- The exhibition fulfills professional regional gallery standards.
- The exhibition is not significantly motivated by commercial interests/outcomes.
- The majority of works should not have been exhibited elsewhere in the region and not be strongly similar to other works already exhibited locally.
What happens after I submit my Expression of Interest form?
- All applicants will receive a letter confirming receipt of their Expression of Interest and advising when applications will be reviewed.
- Successful applicants will receive an information pack containing proposed exhibition dates and all details you need to decide if you want to go ahead with making a booking.
To submit your expression of interest, download the EOI Form or fill out the form below.