Applications for 2018-19 funding
Applications for funding through Hinchinbrook Shire Council’s 2018/19 RADF Programme will be open on Monday 10 December 2018.
See ‘How to Apply’ below, for guidelines, application form and more information.
Submit your application no later than:
- Round 1 – 4.00pm Monday 18 February 2019
- Round 2 – 4.00pm Monday 06 May 2019
Regional Arts Development Fund
The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Hinchinbrook Shire Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.
Council’s deliver locally tailored RADF programs based on the identified priorities, opportunities and capacities of their local communities. This means that RADF may look different depending on location so as to best respond to the ways of working and aspirations of local communities.
From 2017-18 the RADF objectives are to:
- Invest in Arts and Culture in the Shire;
- Expand Arts and Cultural Tourism within the Shire – create and embrace an ‘Arts and Culture’ destination;
- Revitalize the CBD;
- Commercially promote Hinchinbrook Shire’s natural and Arts and Cultural assests;
- Address youth and social issues;
- Provision of career development skills / career paths to attract and retain youth in the Shire;
- Provision of recreation opportunities for the community;
- Contribute towards current State Government priorities.
All Councils and RADF funded projects are required to report on their contribution toward RADF Key Performance Outcomes (KPOs).
Project applications will be assessed on the way they meet the four RADF Criteria (Impact, Quality, Reach and Viability) as well as how well the project meets one or more of the locally determined Arts and Cultural Priorities.
- produces or contributes to high quality arts and cultural initiatives for local communities
- proven capacity to effectively support and deliver arts and cultural services
- Provides access to and engagement in arts and culture for diverse communities, practitioners, participants and audiences
- Evidence of local demand for proposed programme/s
- Demonstrates community and stakeholder involvement in RADF priority setting, decision making and evaluation
- Demonstrates cultural, artistic, social or economic returns on investment
- Supports one or more Queensland Government objectives for the community including encouraging safe and inclusive communities, building regions, supporting disadvantaged Queenslanders, stimulating economic growth and innovation, increasing workforce participation, and conserving heritage
- Evidence of good planning for strong governance and management of RADF at a local level
- Evidence of partnership capacity with partners including business and government
- Important dates for 2018-19 RADF Programme
- 10 December 2018 – Applications for Round 1 & 2 RADF Funding open
- 4.00pm Monday 18 February 2019 – Round 1 Applications close. All applications for this round must be received by this date.
- 8 April 2019 – Round 1 projects must not start until this date
- 4.00pm Monday 06 May 2019 – Round 2 Applications close. All applications for this round must be received by this date.
- 8 July 2019 – Round 2 projects must not start until this date
Download the RADF application form alongside accompanying forms to assist with the compilation of your application:
- HSC RADF Grant Funding Application Form 2018-19
- HSC RADF Guidelines 2018-19
- HSC RADF FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) 2018-19
- HSC RADF Important Definitions
- Sample CV Template
- Sample Invoice
- HSC Logo Permit Form
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The Hinchinbrook Community Support Centre offers assistance with completing application forms for funding. To arrange an appointment please contact:
For further information please contact:
RADF Liaison Officer via TYTO Regional Art Gallery
Phone: 07 4776 4725
Make a RADF Enquiry